Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stoplight

So I don't know if any of you remember me talking about this thing called Good News Club that I am apart of. But I basically minister to elementary school kids and BOY is it fun. Such a blessing for sure. Anyway, each day we tell a bible story and the one we did a couple days ago went over the concept of prayer. And how we, as Christians, need to not send up a prayer to God doubting that he will answer it. We just have to present our problems and fully trust that He will take care of it and answer our prayers. So we show the kids a stoplight and explain to them the three ways in which God can answer your prayers and just remind them that the ALWAYS receive an answer even if that answer isn't 'yes'

RED

You can pray for something and God can just say No. You don't need that, it's harmful for you. In fact, I have an even greater plan for you that doesn't include what you are asking for.

YELLOW

You can pray for something and God can say..hmm Okay. But you can't have that right now. You are gonna have to be patient and wait for it a while.

GREEN

You can pray for something and God can say...YES. I have been WAITING for you to ask me that. Here ya go....

Gosh! Literally every time I hear that story from our leader I get the chills. It's just so comforting to know that no matter how our prayers are answered, God is always going to do what is best for us and our futures as Christians.

No comments: