Monday, June 6, 2011

BEATles

I know it's only rock and roll, but I like it.

Last night I was talking to my parents about the transition of music and if they got sad when we went from rock & roll to rap. They both kind of agreed that it was a bummer when this world started to get more computerized and poppy. Sometimes I get so frustrated with todays rappers. I mean, they have an opportunity to say something and they choose to write about drugs, sex, girls, and alcohol. It is such a shame. If a rapper were to say something that was worth his/her breath, then it is called poetry. They do have the incredible talent of improv and wordplay, but why do they waste it on words that lack any meaning at all? What is even worse...is that our society buys it! How awful.

Don't get me wrong...I do have my days where I just want to hear a good beat. But I would take rich lyrics over a strong beat any day. So hopefully a new wave of music comes in that is actually influential on society. That would be so refreshing.

No comments: