Sunday, October 2, 2011

But Most Importantly...Ocean Beach

I know that I'm not right. Feels like I travel, but I never arrive. I wanna thrive, not just survive. ~Switchfoot

So I must tell you about my trip to Ocean Beach last Friday. I apologize for having to go back in time two days when you are already living right now, but it has to happen.

My lovely friends Jessica, Josh and Shaun and I decided to drive down to Ocean Beach and honestly, it turned out to be one of the greatest days I've had since I've moved to San Marcos. I might even go out on a limb comfortably and say it was top 10 best days of my life.

We started off by eating at this hole in the wall place called Hodad's.

hodad [noun] - a non-surfer who spends time at beaches masquerading as a surfer

It is probably one of the best burger joints I have ever stumbled upon. The atmosphere was absolutely incredible.

Then we all walked down to the pier.....which is always a must. This was followed by a plethora of games being played on the sand....and lots of jumping.

Finally the sunset...and it didn't just set......it SET. It was significantly more captivating than anything I have ever seen before.

While we were all watching God work his magic, there were a few hobos to the left of us just chillin' on the beachside. One of them was playing the guitar and it was absolutely amazing. He was singing a few songs that he wrote. The line Thank You Lord for every little thing is what caught my attention originally and as I began to listen more, I fell in love with all his songs. I honestly would buy them off of itunes because it was so perfect.

Josh and I decided to go sit closer to the man who we later found out was named "Q". He was known by everyone for just doing his thing and praising Jesus and hangin' out at OB. While listening to Josh's casual conversations with Q and his buds, I could not stop thinking about how absolutely beautiful God is. It is amazing how He works within us...how He fills us up and satisfies us entirely, despite our circumstances. I think I speak for Josh too when I say I was inspired by those guys. We decided to give them 5 bucks to share amongst the three of them. And they were just stoked to go buy a burrito. It was incredible.

Did I mention the sun was setting while all this was going on?

It was just an absolute unforgettable experience. I honestly do not think I could ever let that memory go even if I wanted too.

Oh yeah and this day was followed by an improv show, performing improv, watching Tangled, and the makings of epic videos....but most importantly Ocean Beach haha

Praise God for such beautiful interactions, such beautiful people and such a beautiful life. I am so humbled.

No comments: