
I found this today on stumbleupon...this guy didn't say anything profound or unheard of, but I enjoyed the obvious simplicity in his writing anyway.
He blogged....
Hey dudes, I wanna talk to you about love. I know. I know. We're guys. We don't like repeating things out-loud at church much less talk about our 'feelings' online. Don't worry, I plan on including enough 'man stuff' in this post to take the 'sting' out of it. In fact, why don't we just get it all out of the way in the next sentence?
'Jack Bauer'. 'P90X'. All those 'abs from 300'. 'I don't have any money but what I do have are a very particular set of skills...'. 'You sold our dead bird to a blind kid? '. 'Beef Jerky'. 'Touchdown'. 'Beer'.
Phew. We good now? Great! Now lets talk about love.
LOVE LESSONS FOR MEN:
1.) You were made to furiously pursue a woman. Stop waiting for your odds to get better. Just go for it and give it all you've got.
2.) Once you've pursued her and won her over, keep pursuing. She's not a trophy. We stop pursuing when Jesus stops pursuing us.
3.) Don't give your kids the liberty to ever say "I never saw dad cry". It's okay to cry because of love. It's okay to cry period....P.S. - Jesus cried.
4.) It's okay to enjoy a chick flick, appreciate a sunset, cry during a movie, listen to love songs or be into Justin Bieber. Really, its okay. I promise you won't lose your man-card.
5.) The little things sometimes mean as much as the big things. Flashy romantic dates are great but sometimes the most loving thing we can do is dishes.
See? Nothing....too fancy, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.





1 comment:
Love! And again, your timing is perfect!
Post a Comment