Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Adventure Continues...

So yesterday was QUITE the experience. I found myself back at Chaparral High School, but this time I wasn't a student...I was a visitor. And I wasn't part of the audience, I was part of the rally. They held a ceremonish rally for my brother so that they could recognize all his accomplishments and retire his number 3 jersey. It was crazy to hear the crowd cheer for our family as they introduced all of us and to see the stands give a standing O when my brother walked through the tunnel of cheerleaders. Slightly awkward to see 2,000 faces staring us down, but it was an incredible feeling that's for sure.
After that we headed to the city council meeting so that they could announce that January 10th is officially Allen Craig Day and that the street between Outback and the CHS baseball fields is now Allen Craig Drive. Before this though Gary Sinise (Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump) talked about the house that he is building for a wounded war vet in Temecula. When it was Allen's turn to speak in front of the city council members the first thing he said was "well I'm feeling pretty small after hearing about what really matters in life"

Seriously guys, there aren't many people like my brother out there. There is all this hype, all this press, all this recognition, but he STILL clings to his roots and his foundations. He is such a humble man and I am so blessed to have a brother like him to look up to. I am overwhelmingly proud and honored to be a part of this adventure.

No comments: