Sunday, October 18, 2009

Horseshoes & Hand Grenades

Hey you are my sunshine on a rainy day. It's gonna be okay. Hey you are my sunshine. It's gonna be all right. I believe in something bigger than my troubles. They can't keep me down. This sinking feeling starts disappearing on the double now that you're around. Hey you are my sunshine.
Last night my family went to one of those "just like the good 'ol days" parties. We use to have them all the time at the Mill's house where the parents would have horseshoe tournaments and then the kids would play whiffle ball all night. But guess what? I was the ONLY kid there my age since Rybo and Audie decided to have a party at their house. Lame I know. So basically, I became full-time babysitter for all the little kiddies. It is funny how just having a tennis ball can make you a kids best friend. I met Calvin (the boy in the pic) that night and after playing catch with him just once, we was clinging to me like no other. So instead of participating in a whiffle ball tournament, I gave piggy back rides, played tag, and constantly kept kids out of the parents way. All in all...it was a good night!


1 comment:

thiakaren said...

Lucky boy to have you for a friend! Darling...