Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dear Loyal Fans


No fear, no fences, nobody, no reigns ~ Rascal Flatts

When my brother first got drafted by the Cardinals, I started writing this book called "Dear Loyal Fans". My mom always said that I should write one because I have spent such a majority of my life at a baseball field. Therefore, I started writing letters to Parents, Players, and those so called "loyal baseball fans" and I actually came across it the other day. It gave me quite a laugh I gotta say, I think I might keep continuing these letters and see where it takes me.

I probably wrote this after going to a Giants game because their fans are pretty brutal. Haha this definitely made me laugh. I promise I had more serious ones too.

Dear Loyal Fans,

Get it out of your system. I know for a fact that a lot of you guys have some vicious rhetoric. It is time to learn to gradually express your anger in a reasonable manner. For goodness sakes, there are kids around! God forbid they pick up a disease from your bad case of word vomit. If you are alone watching a televised game, this is a completely different story. I am speaking only to those who attend a game in a public setting and completely forget to bring the filter that divides their thoughts and voice box. When a strike is called and it is really a ball……breathe. It will be okay. The umpire will probably make up for it in the next inning anyway. If not, this is not the time to lose your temper. It is one call, one play, one game, one season. Baseball will last forever, so do not let that one call get the best of you. Just slow your roll.

Sincerely,
Witness Of Word Vomit

No comments: