Monday, November 17, 2008

More Taylor Swift

~The Best Day

I'm five years old it's getting out
I got my big coat on
I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you
I run and run
Past the pumpkin patch and the tractor rides up now
The sky is gold, I hug your legs and fall asleep
On the way home
I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
But I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today
I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying' and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we dive and drive until we've found a town far enough away
And we talk and window shop 'til I forgot all they're names
I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school
But I know I'm laughing on the car road with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day with you today.
I have an excellent father
His strength is making me stronger
God smiles on my little brother,
Inside and out he's better then I am
I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run
And I had the best days with you
There is a video I found from back when I was three
You set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talking to me
It's the age of pricess and pirate ships and the seven dwarves
My daddy's smart and you're the prettiest lady in the whole wild world
Now I know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
Staying back and watching me shine
And I didn't know if you knew
So I'm takin' this chance to say
I had the best day with you today

No comments: