Friday, August 28, 2009

I Would Stand...

This video is so incredible in so many ways. It has been swarming around facebook and I liked to think that is because of me. :) haha. just kidding! But ya...I sent it to A LOT of people and a chain reaction has begun! and it makes me so happy. I feel like there are so many lessons that can be learned from this story. The beginning part frustrated me when nobody stood up for what they believed in...especially in something that is so significant and such a big part of their lives. To just not stand up, just seems out of the question (unless you really didn't believe before the class). But to have someone have that power of you and make you STOP believing, i just can't really comprehend that. I would stand...I am pretty certain of that..mostly because of the song Fool For You by Nichole Nordeem. Check it out sometime! But anyway...here's my conclusion. I hope you all would have had the courage to stand up...even if the question wasn't "do you believe in God?"...if it was ANY question to what you believe in, I hope you would stand up without any doubt or shame. Just do it. :D

"There are times when faith and common sense do not align. When hardcore evidence of you is hard to find. And I am silenced in the face of argumentative debate and it's a long hill, it's a lonely climb. Because they want proof, they want proof of all these mysteries I claim cause only fools would want to chant a dead mans name. Maybe it's true, but I will be a fool for you all because you asked me to. A simpleton who's seemingly naive. I do believe you came and made yourself a fool for me."

No comments: