Saturday, August 15, 2009

LONGEST POST EVER (but please read...)

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by living the result of other people's thinking. Never let the noise of other's opinion drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. The voice and opinions of your closest friends are important, but don't let them define who you are.


I kinda go by the saying "You have to get lost, in order to be found". I think in my life, I have gone off the path a couple times. I've never done anything stupid, but I was not on MY path. I was walking on something that someone else had paved out for me. (sometimes i still am) I remember thinking about this the other night...as most of us know, Madeline is obviously a huuuuge part in my life..you could say she is life-changing, to say the least. And people like her, Abby, Marie, and my brother, I wouldn't say that they changed who I am, but they brought me back to who I use to be; who i was MEANT to be and that has made all the difference in the world.

(I am almost writing this word for word) Me and Madeline have accepted God as our strength, but we also know that when we are having THE worst days, we can confide in each other. but the reason we get so down on ourselves and lost, is when we get sooo consumed in this world and other people that we forget about the relationship we have with each other. HE made us. And we can quickly forget that we were made through His eyes. So when we dis ourselves or anyone else God must be like "ouch man"...But finding ourselves is a process.


What Madeline said is true...finding ourselves IS most certainly a process. And it sucks, and it's frustrating, and it hurts, and I hate it....but it happens. Right now at this moment, I couldn't tell you who I am. Yes, I have my beliefs, my morals, my values and those things usually define a person...but I sometimes find myself losing some of those things...not completely, but there are times when I forget. So I guess it's not that I don't know who I am, I know what I want to be perceived as...it's just a matter of MAKING myself that person. And it's a choice...you can either find it inside you to be your own person and create yourself OR you can just lose it. Because you know by losing it, everything will be more simple. You can't be criticized for being who everyone else wants you to be. But there will be a day where you stop playing small and let others see you without any regret or shame. That is the hard part in this whole process...this long, excruciating process that nobody likes. It is extremely hard, but when things DO get difficult that's when you turn to your support, whoever that may be.

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. ~ John 16:33

There are times in life when you gotta crawl, lose your grip, trip and fall. When you can't lean on no one else that's when you find yourself. I've been around and I noticed that, walking's easy when the road is flat.

No comments: