Sunday, May 23, 2010

Captivating

To state the obvious...I am reading a book called Captivating by John & Stasi Elderedge...and to say the least...it is incredible. I have never read a book that made me want to quote every single line that the author's write. So I decided that I am going to periodically quote some of my favorite passages...it's a lot easier then writing them down...

Captivating Quote # 1

Beauty is transcendent. It is our most immediate experience of the eternal. Think of what it's like to behold a gorgeous sunset, or the ocean at dawn. Remember the ending of a great story. We yearn to linger, to experience it all our days. Sometimes the beauty is so deep it pierces us with longing. For what? For life as it was meant to be. Beauty reminds us of an Eden we have never known, but somehow know our hearts were created for. Beauty speaks of heaven to come, when all shall be beautiful. It haunts us with eternity. Beauty says, 'There is a glory calling for you.' And if there is a glory, there is a source of glory. What great goodness could have possibly created this? What generosity gave us this to behold? Beauty draws us to God.

No comments: