Monday, November 8, 2010

Job Hunting

I know you wish you could see me. That's the way it has to be. Someday you will understand, don't you lose your faith in me. I know you wish you could hear me. Sometimes it's so hard to do. But every morning sunrise says I'm madly in love with you. ~Sean McConnell

First of all, thank you Megan Barner for showing me that song. I now have a new addiction (I speak for Madeline too when I say this)

So, today I had my first "job hunting" experience. I was suppose to have an interview at Barnes & Nobles at 11 and it was on a first come first serve basis. Sooo, me thinking 'early bird gets the worm', I decide to get there at 10:00 just to realize that every single spot had already been filled up. HOWEVER there were still four spots but not until 2:00. Sooo, THEN I decide to sign up and just wait for that time, PRAYING the hundreds of people that went before me just weren't good enough for the job. haha of course that wouldn't be the case and I ended up leaving because it turns out they won't even let you interview unless you have had at least a years worth experience with retail/customer service. I've only had two days of those things, so that doesn't really cut it. I was surprisingly not upset though, I had more of a humorous take on the whole situation. Slowly realizing that it really wasn't meant to be. Plus, the only thing I could think about the whole time is that I wish I was at school right now...yeah, definitely gonna be a teacher. haha :P Hopefully that's the life waiting for me.

No comments: