One of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right. I'm tripping on words. You've got my head spinning. I don't know where to go from here. 'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to prove. It's you and me and all of the people and I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you. ~ LifehouseI gotta say that this movie definitely had it's strengths and weaknesses. There were times when it followed the book almost exact and other times when it was completely different. I think those were the moments I got frustrated because everyone knows the best version is always the original (So stick to the book eh? ^.^) I don't really want to say too much about it because I don't wanna ruin it for those of you who are planning on seeing it. I do think it's worth it to see the movie, it's not your typical "once upon a time", "fairytale", "happily ever after" plot lines. That is what earns my respect...the fact that it is different then every other cookie cut love story. It's original and incorporates other themes that don't just revolve around the "love" motif. Dear John was in a way refreshing. Much appreciated. :D





2 comments:
i've been DYING to see this movie for the longest time and i have to say that i was a little disappointed...
but i totally agree that its worth it and it definitely earned my respect because of the fact that it wasn't predictable or a happily ever after. those fairytale stories get annoying after awhile even for saps like me.
overall it wasn't as great as i expected but i still greatly enjoyed it. plus im a sucker for romantic movies and channing tatum's face XD
agreed :)
Post a Comment