Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Last Lecture


Wasn't it easier in your lunch box days? Always a bigger bed to crawl into. Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything and everybody believed in you. It's alright, just wait and see your string of lights are still bright to me. ~Taylor Swift

Wow! Okay, so I just finished reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. (I started it yesterday). It was one of those books where the good quotes, breaks, and words of wisdom come at the right time so that you never want to put it down. If you have never read it, I definitely recommend it. It's about a college professor, Randy Pausch, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was given 3-6 months left to live. So, he decided to write a book and dedicate his last college lecture to making sure that his kids knew exactly who he was and how much he loved them. His kids are ages 6, 3, and 18 months so their memories of their dad are going to be blurry when they grow up. However, Randy is making sure that he has left by every memory of himself that he possibly can so they can feel his love even after he's past...what an amazing concept.


The video above is his actual lecture. It's a pretty long, but worth listening to I think :)

No comments: