Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good Start...GREAT Start

So yesterday I got my very first 18th Birthday present and it was from my Aunt Paulette, Uncle Steve and cousins who live in Tennessee. Very few presents have rarely made me cry, but this one did. I'll tell you why. So every time I go up to Tennessee and watch my Aunt and Grandmother prepare such unique meals for their family, it it inspires me to start cooking (those of you who know me well probably laughed at that). haha but seriously, I always said how all I need are recipes and I'll be set. So in the mail I got this letter...
You probably can't read it, but it was super sweet and my Aunt had put together an entire recipe box full of our family specialties. Everything from meats, to chilis, to cookies...everything imaginable. She even got me a brownie pan, I'm sure she knew the desserts would be what I'd try to make first. haha But what really got to me was the fact that she added some recipes that were commonly made by my maternal grandmother, Dolly Paragoso...I literally had JUST written a song about her a few days back and it was perfect timing when I received this gift. Even though I never had the privilege of meeting her, I feel like this is such a unique and special way to connect with Dolly and keep a part of her in the family as I grow up and have kids of my own. It was just a wonderful gift and I am so blessed to have been able to start my birthday off like this.

1 comment:

paulettewalsh said...

Kendal, I am so glad you like the presents. They are special gifts from the heart for a very special young woman. Love to you, Aunt Paulette