
Nobody said it was easy, it's such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard. ~Coldplay
Fair warning: this could be a fairly long post...
Today, I played catch for the first time since my last softball game. It was weird I have to say. I know that I definitely made the right decision to quit; I honestly don't feel like a part of me is missing at all. I think it was just weird that when I was throwing the ball back in forth with my dad and brother, I wasn't doing it to get warmed up for the upcoming season. It was so easy for me to let go of the sport, but so hard in that I know my family kind of took the hit. Of course, they support me and aren't persuading me to change my mind, but I can tell they miss watching me play. So now, I'm realizing that it was the hardest decision I've had to make in a long time. It was like by habit my dad was saying things like "don't wear out your arm" or "pace yourself"......when actually I have no reason to do either of those things. There aren't any upcoming games that I have to be healthy for. It's just weird. A couple years ago, I had my college years planned out. Make Varsity, Softball scholarship, play all the way through college. Now I can't even find where my glove is.
But, there's a different plan for me...
I know I made the right decision. I think that God gives you many talents, but with that talent, you have to have a fire and passion to go with it. I mean, of course we are going to be talented at multiple things; how boring would life be if we just sucked at everything? But, there's only going to be a couple of things that you are going to love with all your heart and unfortunately, softball wasn't one of them. I wish it was. I wish I could have my parents watch four more years of softball games. But I know they are going to proudly watch me succeed in something else in life because they are the best.
Phew...that was a tough post to write.
Fair warning: this could be a fairly long post...
Today, I played catch for the first time since my last softball game. It was weird I have to say. I know that I definitely made the right decision to quit; I honestly don't feel like a part of me is missing at all. I think it was just weird that when I was throwing the ball back in forth with my dad and brother, I wasn't doing it to get warmed up for the upcoming season. It was so easy for me to let go of the sport, but so hard in that I know my family kind of took the hit. Of course, they support me and aren't persuading me to change my mind, but I can tell they miss watching me play. So now, I'm realizing that it was the hardest decision I've had to make in a long time. It was like by habit my dad was saying things like "don't wear out your arm" or "pace yourself"......when actually I have no reason to do either of those things. There aren't any upcoming games that I have to be healthy for. It's just weird. A couple years ago, I had my college years planned out. Make Varsity, Softball scholarship, play all the way through college. Now I can't even find where my glove is.
But, there's a different plan for me...
I know I made the right decision. I think that God gives you many talents, but with that talent, you have to have a fire and passion to go with it. I mean, of course we are going to be talented at multiple things; how boring would life be if we just sucked at everything? But, there's only going to be a couple of things that you are going to love with all your heart and unfortunately, softball wasn't one of them. I wish it was. I wish I could have my parents watch four more years of softball games. But I know they are going to proudly watch me succeed in something else in life because they are the best.
Phew...that was a tough post to write.





No comments:
Post a Comment