I roll my eyes and then you pull me in. I'm not much for dancing, but for you I did. Because I loved your handshake meeting my father. I love how you walk with your hands in your pockets, how you kiss me when I was in the middle of saying something. There's not a day that I don't miss those rude interruptions. And I'll go sit on the floor wearing your clothes.So today I went to a candelight party with my mom and I gotta say that some of the most significant/memorable things in your life happen at random. We were almost done and Amber was explaining how every month the company sponsors a person or family who has cancer. She had a sock with the breast cancer emblem on it that we were to put change into if we had any to give.
This time around the person that they were supporting was a 17 year old girl named Kendal who lives in Minnesota. She died eight days ago. Kendal was 10 when she defeated cancer the first time, but unfortunately she couldn't do the same during the second battle. I don't know this girl at all, but it kind of hits you hard when she is the same age with the same name.
I put all the money I had into that sock....and I just pray it helps her family.





No comments:
Post a Comment